Sign up for our e-Newsletter
- Choosing a B2B Collection Agency?
- If your debtors are businesses, you need to know two things about your collection agency: do they specialize in commercial collections and are they members of the CCAA.
- Six Tips for Making Collection Calls that Get Results
- Successful telephone collection is both an art and a science. These tips from the pros will help you build your confidence and improve your collection results.
- The ABCs of Telephone Collections
- Here's a convenient run down of the basics. Use it as a quick reminder before you make the call – and handle those past due accounts like a pro.
- Nine Guidelines for Selecting the Right Collection Agency
- It's a given of doing business. Sooner or later you will need an outside collection agency to help you cash in on past due accounts. So how do you sort through the crowd and find the one that's right for your company? Focusing on these nine areas will help you make a good choice.
- International Claims Demystified
- Collecting on past due accounts outside of your home country isn't about being an expert in international law. It's simply a matter of getting the right information to the right people. Here's what you need to know.
- 9 Steps to Help Your OCA Help You
- Knowing when to place that past due account is just one of a number of ways you can boost the effectiveness of the collection process and help your OCA help you.
- Payment Plan Negotiations
- ABC-Amega Assistant Vice President, International Operations and veteran debt collector Dave Greenberg reveals "Dave's Rule" – the secret of getting the upper hand in negotiations.
- Nine Collection Tips for Small Business
- Want to collect more delinquent accounts in-house before writing them off or sending them to a collection agency? Here's how.
- B2B Collection Agency Placement Strategies: Beyond Aging Out
- Is the traditional approach of waiting 90 or 120 days before sending an invoice to a collection agency still the best way to manage A/R Risk? See what a recent SunGard AvantGard study revealed.
- Regulating Commercial Debt Collection
- You may be surprised to learn that commercial collection agencies aren't regulated by the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act enacted by Congress in the 70s. In fact, there isn't any federal legislation that applies to these firms. So do they operate unchecked and as they choose? Is there any way for a commercial creditor to be sure the firm they select is ethical and will deal appropriately with their customers?
- Collection Litigation: Court Costs and Suit Fees
- Find out what to expect in terms of cost when you decide to sue for judgment against a delinquent debtor.
- 13 Strategies to Speed up Collections...
- The bottom line of a sale is "show me the money". Here are 13 practical strategies you can use to speed up your collection process.
- Working with OCAs
- This article is a mini-seminar on commercial collections. It's packed with valuable insight into how commercial collection firms operate, as well as practical information about what you need to know when you're selecting one. It also contains links to several articles with important information on lawsuits and the legal process as they relate to collections.
- 10 Questions to Ask Before Deciding to Sue a Collection Account
- You’ve made your decision to sue. But wait! You’ll want to answer these 10 questions before suing the debtor.
- Uncollected Dollars are Threatening Your Survival
- Write-offs have always been part of the cost of doing business. Keep them to a minimum and it’s all good. Right? Not anymore. Not in today’s business climate. So what can you do?
- A Good Collector Needs a Balanced Attitude
- Using several illustrations from actual dealings with debtors, a rookie reminds us of an important key to successful collections.
- Change in Irish Law Makes Collections More Difficult
- A June 2009 Irish High Court ruling strips creditors of a powerful legal remedy to enforce court ordered installment payments of past due accounts.
- Declining Economy Fuels Requests for Long Term Payment Plans
- Given today’s economy, it was only a matter of time. More debtors need more time to pay on past due accounts. What do credit professionals need to consider before granting extended payment plans?
- 6 Secrets for Writing Effective Collection Letters
- Getting the results you want from your collection letters? If not, maybe it’s time for a do over. Here’s some tips and samples to help you get the most from this traditional collection tool.
- Collecting Foreign Arbitration Awards
- Reality Check is a new feature we’ll be including now and then. It highlights interesting real world scenarios, experiences and insights from professionals working in the receivables management industry. In this issue, an old adage helps create a new precedent for sellers worldwide.
- Certified Translations: Preparing Your Documents for Foreign Courts
- There’s more to it than simply writing words in a different language. If you want the courts and other organizations to accept your documents, read on.
- What Do You Mean, the Creditor Won't Sue?!
- Commercial collections attorney, Martin Goldman, says he cringes when he gets a notice to close a file because the creditor refuses to sue. Find out why.
- Your Account is Past Due Please Don't Send a Check
- The check is in the mail” is a common response given by debtors when contacted about a past due payment. While this excuse is a familiar one in North America, it may not ring true with credit managers in Europe.
- Evaluating Your Collection Agency’s Performance
- Our October 2007 issue featured an article on selecting a collection agency. This month we offer valuable tips and an OCA Quality Score Card to help you determine how well the outside collection agency you selected is meeting your needs.
- Skip Tracing Basics
- Looking for a debtor who seems to have vanished? That's a job that can rival any episode of TV's "Without a Trace". Here's what skip tracing can and can't do.
- Using an OCA to Execute Debtor Judgments
- When it comes to executing and enforcing judgments in out-of-state venues or other countries, outside collection agenciess have access, experience and clout. They are generally more cost-effective too.
- Why a Collection Agency rather than an Attorney
- Why should a firm use a commercial collection agency to handle legal collections rather that going directly to an attorney?
- Probability of Collecting on Past Due Accounts
- What is the probability of collecting on an account receivable once it goes past due?
- Contingency Fees
- Find out why contingent pricing presents the best pricing option when placing claims with an outside agency.